Thursday, June 2, 2011

Now That's What A Frog Car Should Look Like!



Back in the dark ages of my youth, when I first met my wife we were having a discussion on which car we would look best in. She had a new Mazda 626 at the time and also a nice BMW 318IS, both white, and I said she seemed to fit both. She suggested I might look good in a Peugeot. I really didn't know how to take that. On the one hand they were pretty stylish, European vehicles that were unique. On the other hand they were French, and notorious for being broken down all the time. (Hence the picture and site I chose). To be honest I have worn that branding sheepishly for years.

Luckily the manufacturer has released a concept vehicle (see below) in honor of their 200th anniversary that is more aligned with the style I would feel comfortable representing. I doubt very seriously it would pass my total cost of ownership requirements. If it did I might also need to add a calculation to the algorithm for downtime vs. up-time, because it doesn't give me the impression of time spent working on the dependability quotient. It would however still look cool sitting on a trailer in front of the lake house. I could just tell everyone I keep it there to take to Road Atlanta for time trials, etc.. That sounds better than "It's broken down and I am waiting on the auto parts to be manufactured in France (they are off in August because it is hot and the wine is in)".

Autopartstomorrow.com


No comments:

Post a Comment