Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Car Maintenance Tips


I say it over and over again, but it bears repeating; Just because I (you) know how to do something does not automatically mean that everyone else does. I find in many areas of my life, when confronted by something new, the person I am dealing with begins their explanation at a level that may be beyond my basic understanding. I am an Electronic Commerce Manager which puts me in that "Computer Guy" territory, but if someone asks me how to set up a virtual network for a server farm my eyes are going to glaze over just like yours.

Sometimes in the auto industry we make assumptions that because someone uses the term alternator it immediately means they know what it looks like, how to diagnose problems with the electrical system, whether it needs a new voltage regulator or the whole assembly, and how to make the needed repairs (especially if it is a male we are speaking with). There are varying levels of understanding what is needed to maintain your car, and increasingly fewer and fewer people are doing the work themselves. I fall into the half and half crowd in that I know how to do many of the minor repairs (from experience), but I choose to allow someone else to do most of them because of time and laziness.

There are many people out there who have basic mechanical skills but may have never done the repair they need right now. I have found a great resource online that will help get beyond that obstacle. EHow.com has a Car Repair an Maintenance section that has numerous How-To articles and videos that will walk you through how to do most of the basic car repairs you might need. Every car will be slightly different so you might need to use some modifications of their instructions, but since the basic job is the same it should be pretty easy to use logic to understand the differences. If you are willing to take some time to learn and buy your auto parts online from us, you can save yourself HUGE amounts of money over the life of your car. While we specialize in wholesale GM parts and Ford parts, you can get auto parts for just about every late model vehicle sold in the US. Do a little work, save a little money... we could all learn to do more of that couldn't we?

Autopartstomorrow.com

1 comment:

  1. Knowing basic car driving maintenance tips or car basic repair tips will be helpful at the time of car break down. Its very important for car driver should have basic car maintenance tips or they should read or learn about those basic car maintenance tips to have safe driving.

    Thanks for useful information
    Defensive Driving

    ReplyDelete