Friday, June 24, 2011

Car Maintenance Is Important !!



Ask any auto mechanic... the cars that have not been cleaned in forever, probably haven't had the oil changed in longer than that. Something about pride of ownership just makes people take care of things from top to bottom. It is something you should consider when you are looking at cars to buy from an individual. While you will probably get a better deal on the car as far as price is concerned, you might also have a potential problem with repairs sooner than you would want.

Now far be it from me, an auto parts salesman, to try to talk you out of buying a car that needs repairs, but it does need to be something you think about. With this in mind, I typically buy the dirtiest cars around. One of the benefits of being in the auto parts field is that I can get auto repairs done much cheaper than most others can. I can also identify which repair might be needed and which auto part it would need. I can buy a dirty run down car (without dents or tears in the upholstery) and put my blood, sweat and tears into fixing it up. Then I can drive it for a year or two and sell it for the same thing I bought it for. It is not the path I would suggest for everyone, but it works pretty well for me.

Autopartstomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment