Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mad Max Remake?



I was in Decatur, Georgia the other day and saw one of the best accessory automotive upgrades I have seen in a while. The car was a Dodge Challenger SRT that was all black. The windows had been tinted as black as I have ever seen (probably illegal) and all of the emblems had been removed. It had black wheels without any hint of chrome. On the back was a wide but low profile spoiler and on the front was a truck style brush guard, also black. In all it gave the appearance of a driverless, evil, artificial intelligence, vigilante, enforcer car. It pulled in behind me and as hard as I looked, I could not see a driver.

You would have a very hard time not thinking back to the heavily modified Australian 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe from the movie Mad Max. Then the next thing any red blooded American Male Gearhead like myself would think is "Hey, They need to remake that movie here in America". If you listen to the news we are basically on the edge of social breakdown... Mad Max would make a great movie. I even have a title, Max and Furious 6. I could see a pushed over the edge Vin Diesel, with an eye twitch and a sawed off shotgun. What do you think?

Autopartstomorrow.com



1 comment:

  1. Somehow weave in Jason Statham and Death Race as well...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_%28film%29

    ReplyDelete