Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Joy of Winter Driving...





Being from Georgia, I really do not have a lot of "driving through the snow" stories. I remember the huge winter storm we had in 1982, where it took me 4 hours, 1 small fender bender and 2 vehicles to get home from work (about 15 miles total). I do feel I eventually developed the skills though, as I participated in an all day record breaking day in the snow, delivering Dominoes pizzas to scared and shut-in suburbanites one year. I got to the point where each trip back to the store I would park using the 270 degree slide into the curb method. My favorite snow driving technique is the 180 degree turn using the gas pedal as a brake. I learned that with a very early computer game called Space Lander. Snow can be fun, but it can also be a nightmare. Read this guys story in Hemmings to share some laughs at his expense...


http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/01/20/reverse-on-an-unplowed-street-in-a-toyota-corolla-a-winter-driving-story/

No comments:

Post a Comment