Monday, April 25, 2011

Dodge Dart Slant Six


Almost all of us have a vehicle we have owned in the past that doesn't quite meet the image we would like to project for ourselves (I have had several). One of mine was an early 70's Dodge Dart Swinger. While I felt that I was driving a grandma car at the time, I really cannot complain about the gas mileage and dependability that it gave me for the two-three years I drove it. It really had some basic good looks and a great paint job. It was black, and one of the previous owners had taken it upon themselves to add several layers of clear lacquer, so when I waxed it it was really pretty impressive (the paint that is). What I should have done is a conversion to a Mopar V-8 and all of the upgrades that are shown in this picture. Just because it came with a slant 6 engine does not mean it needed to stay that way. I have since seen many examples of beautiful Dart's, and wouldn't mind a project car just like the one I had. It is funny how what we consider embarrassing as teenagers becomes nostalgic as we get older...

Autopartstomorrow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment